I just deleted an old negative blog about Nicholas J. Sacco because he sponsored a bill in the state legislature to restrict drone use in New Jersey. He's the first in the nation that I've heard of who, while not against drones, wants to curtail or restrict their use. I haven't had time to read the bill but I thought I'd commend him for his initiative. I think I can look forward to more legislation from him to safeguard our rights.
Constraints Loom Large in Mr. Krugman's Anti-Libertarian Agenda
Vote as if It Matters by Paul Krugman (my comments in red) nytimes.com /2016/09/19/opinion/vote-as-if-it-matters.html 9/19/2016 Does it make sense to vote for Gary Johnson, the Libertarian candidate for president? Sure, as long as you believe two things. First, you have to believe that it makes no difference at all whether Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump moves into the White House — because one of them will. Second, you have to believe that America will be better off in the long run if we eliminate environmental regulation, abolish the income tax, do away with public schools, and dismantle Social Security and Medicare — which is what the Libertarian platform calls for. These scare tactics do not scare me more than continued wars with Mrs. Clinton; but elimination of the income tax shouldn't be in this list as Mr. Johnson has stated he wants a consumption tax with vouchers given to the poor to offset the inordinate hit that a consumption tax would have on them. Howev...
Comments
Post a Comment